RolePlayersUnited Forum Index RolePlayersUnited
The Uniting Has Begun...
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Waterman Falls RP
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RolePlayersUnited Forum Index -> Role-Playing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Armaius
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 775
Location: The Internet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Waterman Falls RP Reply with quote

"We'll be breaking into groups of five," Henry announced to the class outside the museum. "And meet back here at lunch. Remember, I expect you to take notes, for the report you'll be doing, over the ancient Egyptian artifacts. Enjoy yourselves, but don't get carried away." he nodded to the various chaperones, who began to break up the class. Ignoring the chatter and bustle behind him, he turned his attention to the Ronra City Museum of Natural History behind him, currently hosting a touring exhibition with various Egyptian artifacts, including a mummy of a high ranking member of the nobility.

The field trip was largely a coincidence, but a convenient one. There was something he wanted to investigate in the Egyptian collection. An amulet of some sort, thought to have mystic powers to animate the dead. Most people would have dismissed such a thing as superstition but over the years, Henry had learned that very, very little was actually superstition. Most of it was grounded in fact.

He walked into the museum, behind the class. As he did so, he absently levitated a pile of leaves, and then dropped them on the ground from several yards away. No one noticed. Smiling secretly, he entered the museum.
_________________
A path taken is paths forsaken.
-Old Altion proverb
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kaya Tetsu



Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 800

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elizabeth joined a group of four who were looking for one more person. She wore jeans and a t shirt and a jacket to guard against the weather. She was very excited about visiting the museum, such visit were usually very interesting to her and she'd never been here before, unlike many of the students in the class.

She walked along slowly, looking at everything and reading as much of everything as she could, while keeping up with her group, which was the slowest moving of them. She noticed Mr. Anderson walking behind them.

They reached the traveling Egyptian exhibit and she smiled a bit. She was always interested in mythology and history. She thought she would like this part of the museum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armaius
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 775
Location: The Internet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Egyptian exhibit was fascinating, containing many artifacts gathered from the tomb. The centerpiece of the exhibit, of course, was the mummy itself, laying there wrapped up in bandages and warded with protective amulets. Henry immediately found the amulet, a over sized thing made of gold and sapphires and fashioned to look like a scarab. Behind glass, of course, it could hurt nobody - but more than one person in Waterman Falls would have heard about it. Not everyone in town was benign.

"Make sure you're taking notes," he called to the class. "I want things you learned here from the exhibit incorporated into your report." he turned on his heel and noted Elizabeth, standing there alone. There was something funny about that girl that he hadn't quite pinpointed just yet. She'd just got back from the hospital, though he didn't know from what. He simply sent her homework to her.
_________________
A path taken is paths forsaken.
-Old Altion proverb
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kaya Tetsu



Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 800

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elizabeth noticed Mr. Anderson looking at her and flashed a quick smile,before turning to look at the exhibit. It wasn't a real smile of course, more of a quick grin, to show people that you noticed them. She wasn't sure what to think of Mr. Anderson. She supposed he was nice enough, but there was something about him that was...different.

She sighed continued reading, her group seemed to have left her behind,but she continued writing herself little notes for her report.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armaius
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 775
Location: The Internet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the tour of the exhibit, it was time for lunch. The class gathered back in the museum cafe. Henry ate with the chaperons, still considering that amulet. After lunch, they were going to view a film in the museum's cinema and then head on back towards the school. He was going to have to come back up here and investigate on his own time, it seemed. Behind the chattering school students, he noticed a man walk into the museum, wearing nothing but black. There was something strange about him, almost vague and unrecognizable about his features.

"Excuse me," he murmured. "I'll be right back." He'd dealt with shape-shifters before. What was one doing here? He was definitely heading towards the ancient Egyptian exhibit.

"So," he murmured. "Things are about to get...interesting."
_________________
A path taken is paths forsaken.
-Old Altion proverb
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kaya Tetsu



Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 800

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elizabeth ate by herself while the other students chatted eagerly. She noticed the man dressed in black and eyed him as he headed in the direction of the Egyptian exhibit. There was something about him that nagged at the back of her mind, she had a really bad feeling.

She noted Mr. Anderson get up and follow the man and she slipped away her notebook tucked under her arm. No one ever really noticed her, so it was easy to escape the chaperons. She followed the other two, quiet as she could. She was still favoring her left leg, which had been injured in the attack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armaius
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 775
Location: The Internet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry reached the exhibit, the man headed straight for the amulet, his rather vague and sketchy features finally solidifying into an oldish man with graying hair and dressed in a suit. Definitely a shape-shifter.

Henry pointed one hand, and the man lifted into the air. He yelped as though he'd been stung. Henry approached him, brows knit together.

"Exactly what do you think you're doing?" he demanded. "Shapeshifter?"

The man snarled. "This does not concern you, telepath," he said. And he lunged straight for his throat.
_________________
A path taken is paths forsaken.
-Old Altion proverb
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kaya Tetsu



Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 800

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elizabeth stood around the corner, peeking into the room as Mr. Anderson lifted the shapeshifter into the air. She barely stopped herself from gasping in surprise at the floating man. What in the world was going on?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armaius
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 775
Location: The Internet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a deft twist of his wrist, Henry threw the man across the room. "The amulet stays where it is," he said. "Your next stop, I'm afraid, will be jail my friend. The banshees will be more than happy to keep an eye on you, I'm sure..." he paused, spying the girl. What was she doing here?

"What are you doing here?" he snapped. "Get back with the class. Now." The tone in his brooked no argument.
_________________
A path taken is paths forsaken.
-Old Altion proverb
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kaya Tetsu



Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 800

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The girl watched with wide eyes as her teacher threw the man across the room. She knew now what it was that bothered her about him. He wasn't normal. Then he spotted her and snapped at her to go back to the class. His tone left no room for argument. She gulped and turned, limping as fast as she could to where the class was still congregating in the cafeteria. She'd calmed herself enough by then to look normal, though her mind was racing as she slipped into an empty seat. Lunch was almost over, it would be time for the movie soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armaius
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 775
Location: The Internet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry tied the man up and then called some of his contacts in the supernatural community. He'd be made to talk later on, to find out what he knew. Turning on his heel, he went back to the cafeteria. What troubled was the girl. He wondered how much she would have seen - something was going to have to be done, no doubt about it. He just didn't know what yet. He'd have to get hold of somebody who could wipe her memory clean.
_________________
A path taken is paths forsaken.
-Old Altion proverb
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kaya Tetsu



Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 800

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elizabeth watched Mr. Anderson as he entered the cafeteria. She didn't know what to make of the scene she had witnessed. Some sort of man, who could change his appearance and what had he called Mr. Anderson? a telepath? She swallowed again. She knew she needed to act like nothing was wrong,but something was wrong. She had some many conflicting thoughts, but right now she wondered one thing most. What was Mr. Anderson going to do? She'd obviously seen something he hadn't wanted her to.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armaius
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 775
Location: The Internet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After lunch, they went to the movie, which Henry didn't pay much attention to. He was considering what to do with the shape shifter. Who exactly would want that amulet and why? A dozen reasons flashed thorough his heads, none of them reassuring or indeed even remotely positive. All boded rather ill. He was going to have to contact some members of the community to act, that much was certain.
_________________
A path taken is paths forsaken.
-Old Altion proverb
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kaya Tetsu



Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 800

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elizabeth didn't pay attention to the movie either. As much as she would have enjoyed the movie there was just too much to think about. She'd always maintained the temperament that the supernatural, was just the human mind playing tricks. Now, she was didn't know what to think. She didn't know who Mr. Anderson or the other man were or why the man had wanted that amulet. All she knew was that she was in trouble. Something bad was going to happen, call it instinct.

She thought she could her teachers eyes on her and shrank in her seat. Pretending to be engrossed in the movie and trying to think of what she would do next. Its not like she could tell anyone, she didn't have any friends to speak of. Besides, who would believe her anyway?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armaius
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 775
Location: The Internet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the movie, Henry helped load the class back on the schoolbus, lost in thought. Behind him, he saw two misty-looking women with green-tinged skin and wormy hair drag the shapeshifter behind them. Banshees. Perfect. As he watched, they flew into the air and faded away, taking the shapeshifter with them. But one of them had seen him and winked. They didn't speak, of course. The sound of their voices, unless one was prepared beforehand, would drive any mortal - and weaker-minded immortals - completely insane.
_________________
A path taken is paths forsaken.
-Old Altion proverb
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RolePlayersUnited Forum Index -> Role-Playing All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com