RolePlayersUnited Forum Index RolePlayersUnited
The Uniting Has Begun...
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thief: The Dark RP
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RolePlayersUnited Forum Index -> Role-Playing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Iroh
Forum Tea Expert


Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 852
Location: Tea shop

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Thief: The Dark RP Reply with quote

It's snowing. That's a double edged sword if there ever was one. Fewer guards, but everything leaves footprints. I could just lay low until the storm blows over and melts, but that's hardly any fun, Garrett muttered to himself as he sat in a shadow looking out toward the market square. A petty thieves' paradise, which equated to no more than people watching for him. Rich travelers were always worth a look, and sometimes he spotted a few unusual individuals who were smuggling some rare loot, upon which he would liberate them of and pawn it himself. In weather like this, however, very few people bothered to be outside.

Except for a man dressed in an ornate but clearly foreign style, and when his infrequent speech was heard carried a distinct but recognizable accent. He was a mage, and by the look of him, one of the water variety. Unusual, but he could be looking for potential apprentices. He wouldn't be worth the trouble of robbing, especially since he wore anything worth stealing on his person, and that didn't actually amount to all that much. Still, an odd sight. He hadn't seen one this close since he robbed them all those years ago for the Earth Talisman.
_________________
Delicious tea, or deadly poison?


Last edited by Iroh on Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armaius
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 780
Location: The Internet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Santiago slid among the city nervously, lifting his robe up. He felt nervously like he was being watched and he hunched his shoulders up a little, trying to draw less attention to himself. He felt vulnerable, out of his element as he headed deeper into the city.
_________________
A path taken is paths forsaken.
-Old Altion proverb
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Iroh
Forum Tea Expert


Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 852
Location: Tea shop

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garrett turned around and sighed. "Keepers."

"Hello again, Garrett. I bear tidings. The Magician's Pupil-"

"No. I don't want to hear it. I've said this before, I've said it enough. I'm done with this. I thought you lost your glyph-magic when I activated the Final Glyph so you could kill the Hag, anyway."

"All wounds heal with time. It was a growth for us, to do without for a time. But you must listen. The tides of darkness come again, and the forces of light shall battle. You must-"

"Ensure that no one wins, so no one loses. I know the balance drivel you love so much. Can't. You. Do. It."

"It is never so simple, you of all people know that. It will be as it is written. Seek out the Magician. He knows what comes."
_________________
Delicious tea, or deadly poison?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armaius
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 780
Location: The Internet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Santiago finally stopped and leaned against his wall, closing his eyes for a moment. The entire city burned suddenly, the sky filled with smoke. He opened them again, heart racing. They were coming faster now. He only had the vaguest idea of what he was looking for - a certain book...
_________________
A path taken is paths forsaken.
-Old Altion proverb
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Iroh
Forum Tea Expert


Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 852
Location: Tea shop

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garrett has quickly picked up the trail of the mage. He wasn't a particularly imposing fellow, then again, neither was Garrett. One never was wise when they judged their opponent on outside appearance. However, he looked weary, and worried. And a little frightened. Not someone who was looking for apprentices.

When he leaned up against a wall, Garrett slinked up to him silently. The Keepers had remarked during his training Garrett's ability to remain unseen bordered on supernatural, and the years had only refined this in him. He'd robbed the mages once, and knew firsthand how dangerous they could be. He also learned how helpless they were without their wands.

The man blinked, and in that moment, his wand and he were parted. His eyes snapped open abruptly though, startling Garrett. However, he set off again, determined expression set.

Now to get him alone.
_________________
Delicious tea, or deadly poison?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armaius
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 780
Location: The Internet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Santiago continued down the street and paused, feeling that he was being followed. He turned around, and reached for his wand instinctively. Only to discover it was missing. He swore, somewhat loudly and startling several passerby.
_________________
A path taken is paths forsaken.
-Old Altion proverb
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Iroh
Forum Tea Expert


Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 852
Location: Tea shop

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Psst, hey. If you want your wand back, meet me at the Bloated Boat tavern near the docks. I'll be watching, so don't try and bring the guards. I'll also make sure that no one interferes with you on your way," he whispered from around a corner as the mage approached. Before he could find him, he climbed a rope to the rooftops, and then pulled it up after him.

Ah, the tools of the trade. The entire city was accessible to him. And the mage was in much to nice a portion of the city to try and talk here. Electric lights and an abundance of guards, even in the cold, made it unfavorable.
_________________
Delicious tea, or deadly poison?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armaius
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 780
Location: The Internet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Santiago whirled around looking for the speaker, but saw nothing. He sighed and set off for the old part of town. It occurred to him that it might be a trap - but on the other hand he had no more leads to follow...
_________________
A path taken is paths forsaken.
-Old Altion proverb
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Iroh
Forum Tea Expert


Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 852
Location: Tea shop

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inside the tavern, there was a thick haze of smoke and the air smelled of cheap alcohol. Garrett sat undisturbed in the corner, largely unnoticed, and those who did know him knew his reputation. The barkeep was instructed to direct an oddly dressed fellow to his table.

When the mage came up, he placed the wand on the table, but kept a close eye on the mage, and his hand close to the wand.

"I've been told you're here on some important business," Garrett said in a low voice. Not my business. But, I suppose, I enjoy living enough to listen to the Keepers. "Contacts of mine say I might be able to help with said business. However, I'd like to know this business."
_________________
Delicious tea, or deadly poison?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armaius
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 780
Location: The Internet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Santiago stared at him, bemused. "Yes, I am on business, and yes, I could use an ally. In this city somewhere...there is a book, containing powerful and dangerous glyphs. A book that will destroy the city and those who use it will raze it to the ground. I know this. I have seen it for myself, in visions that I have been having."
_________________
A path taken is paths forsaken.
-Old Altion proverb
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kaya Tetsu



Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 800

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tali knew the man in the corner, if only by sight. He at least, she knew better than to bother. She would keep an eye on him though, his presence would bring trouble, it always did. She sat fairly close to his table, a position from which she could see most of the room. All the better, you had to watch your back around here, and your pockets.

In her street clothes she was easily mistaken as a lad, all the better. It meant those who didn't know her by now were more apt to leave her alone. Not many knew here 'cept maybe the barkeep. She did her best not to draw attention. Things worked out better that way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iroh
Forum Tea Expert


Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 852
Location: Tea shop

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"A book of glyphs? Very few people have access to things like that. And nobody knows where to find them. I'll have to try a few contacts of mine. One of them might know where to find such a book. Of course, I'd like to be compensated for my trouble, things like this tend to be fatal," Garrett threw in an effort for pay. He would probably wind up spending too much on trying to get this doomsday text.

"I wouldn't recommend spending the night here to you, by the way. You might want to find yourself someplace in a more friendly environment. I know what you can do with that wand, but a whole lot of good that does you in your sleep."

He noted someone in the crowd, a girl pretending to be a boy, in street clothes a cut too fine to fit in here. Of course, a thief's eye would notice these things. This was a man who robbed only the richest for the most valuable of their treasures. He'd learned a thing or two about even the slightest appearance. She wasn't carrying anything too interesting, although her sword had a jewel on the hilt. Silly kid.

Not his problem though.
_________________
Delicious tea, or deadly poison?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaya Tetsu



Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 800

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

However, luck was not with her tonight. A man, only slightly drunk decided that the lone lad would be an easy target. Whatever quarrel he decided they had she was not listening. She could read people well enough, he was picking a fight, for no other reason than to show how big and bad he was. How big and bad he was for picking on the rich kid, if her damned maid has not thrown out her 'ratty' clothes, she wouldn't stick out so much.

She, at least, kept her voice down. She barely raised so that he could hear her reply above the din of the tavern. He didn't like it and he yelled, as she stood - in part to shrink the difference in height between them (though a futile effort) and in part to be ready. She was light on her feet and knew enough about drunk bar fights by now.

She saw the knife before he drew it.

Damn drunk
, she thought.

A forearm block, quick grab of his wrist and a twist later and he went spinning past her. Of course, the glutton for punishment got back up slowly, only angered more.

"I told you, you didn't want to do that," she said, refusing still to raise her voice.

He charged at her, almost flailing his fist in anger. She blocked a few, dodged a few more, only managed to get clipped once, and land a few blows herself. She was tired of these games. Tali sent him crashing into another table. This time he didn't get back up. She supposed she was lucky he was not armed with more than a simple knife.

she sighed, muttering to herself, "when will they learn?"

If she had a choice she'd have left the sword at home, then she would've avoided this mess. Unfortunately it was least out of place of all she had to pick from. She was going to need another blade if she wanted to keep this up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iroh
Forum Tea Expert


Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 852
Location: Tea shop

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The girl walked out of the bar looking annoyed. Whatever had happened hadn't been what she'd had in mind. Although the fight was rather humorous to watch. She also was amply able to handle a couple of thugs on her own. So, why not liberate her of a weapon that only made her a target? As she worked her way through a throng of people, he wiggled through it without so much as touching anyone. He even pushed someone else into her for good measure, and swiftly undid her belt and took the sword and sheath outside.

The sword, sheath and belt were actually all nice enough to fetch a modest price, nothing special, but it'd keep him equipped and fed this week. The nice gemstone on the sword though, once cut out, would do nicely for two weeks, maybe a month if he was frugal. But why would he do that?
_________________
Delicious tea, or deadly poison?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaya Tetsu



Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 800

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She made her way out of the bar and swore under her breath. The sword was gone, of course. She'd known it would, so why had she brought it. Best not to be unarmed in these parts. She contemplated whether to go back in after it or not, while silently chiding herself for getting frustrated and losing her concentration. If she'd been paying more attention this wouldn't have happened.

The thief would surely be in trouble once her father realized it was missing. She sighed, it would best to get it back before then. Tali concentrated for a moment, trying to think of who took the sword. She turned to go back in after the man who bumped into her and spotted the empty seat where Garret has been sitting. This made her swear louder, and more colorfully, as she searched the streets. Not expecting to see him. He was gone.

She sighed, defeated and headed home. She slipped onto the grounds like a ghost. She was used to it by now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RolePlayersUnited Forum Index -> Role-Playing All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com