RolePlayersUnited Forum Index RolePlayersUnited
The Uniting Has Begun...
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Gods of Anuios
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RolePlayersUnited Forum Index -> Role-Playing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Armaius
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 780
Location: The Internet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: The Gods of Anuios Reply with quote

The day was dreary. Gray cloud hovered low and close to the ground, like a ceiling. The roads and ground were mostly mud and a cold breeze stirred the branches of the barren trees. It was, perhaps, late afternoon going on evening, yet the single, lonely wagon creaked on over the dirt path, driven by a tired-looking old man wearing a low, floppy hat and an equally tired horse, its head low to the ground, as if life had beaten it down.

As he was plodding along, he heard a noise in the woods and pulled the wagon to a stop.

(And this is where you start, Travis. Rob is riding in the back of the wagon, watching the woods slowly pass by. The NPC isn't in a particularly talkative mood, though he was kind enough to offer a ride as far as the next village, and your work as a mercenary has been slow, leading you on the road to other countries, namely Deiskarios, where a civil war has erupted, the details of which are confused. And the noise, incidentally, is Christian who is in the woods for reasons her character can't remember due to that pesky selective amnesia. Jump in when you're ready for Travis to find you.).
_________________
A path taken is paths forsaken.
-Old Altion proverb
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Iroh
Forum Tea Expert


Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 852
Location: Tea shop

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You hear that?" he asked. It irked him that the wagoner wasn't talkative. The road was long, the weather was miserable, and the food was worse. And he was not even sure about this direction even. Civil wars and such were really just generally unpleasant business, and despite the notion people had about mercenaries, he did not just take any and all jobs offered to him. He preferred monster hunting to fighting humans, any day, any time.
_________________
Delicious tea, or deadly poison?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armaius
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 780
Location: The Internet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Wouldn't have stopped the wagon if I didn't," the old man grunted, looking around. "Don't see nothing, though. S'pose we should press on, I don't want to be in these woods any longer than I have to be, not with the goblin ghosts hangin' abouts."

At that point, the noise sounded again, louder this time. And closer.
_________________
A path taken is paths forsaken.
-Old Altion proverb
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Iroh
Forum Tea Expert


Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 852
Location: Tea shop

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Why don't you go on ahead. I'll check this out and make my way up to the next village on my own," he waved the man off and hopped off the wagon. The fellow wasn't really all that engaging anyway.

He approached the rustling.
_________________
Delicious tea, or deadly poison?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaya Tetsu



Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 800

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A young half-elf appeared out of the bushes, taking to no care at all to be quiet. She wore a green cloak, the hood obscuring most of her face and guarding her from the damp and chilly air.

She stopped, seeing a man, approaching her direction. She eyed him, cautiously, not sure what to think of him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iroh
Forum Tea Expert


Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 852
Location: Tea shop

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He blinked. A small form that was likely a woman just jumped out of the bushes and was now checking him over.

"Oh, hello." He fumbled about, a bit confused. "Um, why were you in those bushes? Are you alright?"
_________________
Delicious tea, or deadly poison?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaya Tetsu



Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 800

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I-...um...I don't remember..." She fumbled...

Where was she? How did she end up here?

"I..dunno... I seem to be lost..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iroh
Forum Tea Expert


Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 852
Location: Tea shop

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Lost? Oh, great." He looked at the road. The wagon was already out of sight.

"I'm Rob Redblade," he extended his hand towards her. "Um, for my sword. My grandfather slew a red dragon."
_________________
Delicious tea, or deadly poison?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaya Tetsu



Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 800

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"umm..I'm Riza...I think" said, unsure as she shook the extended hand.

She couldn't remember her name. She vaguely remembered being called riza...so she assumed it was her name.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iroh
Forum Tea Expert


Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 852
Location: Tea shop

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Riza, you think," he looked unimpressed. Goodie goodie gumdrops... she's crazy.

The grey sky began to rumble in the distance.

"Well, Riza, perhaps you should find somewhere to hole up. Sounds like a storm is coming."
_________________
Delicious tea, or deadly poison?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaya Tetsu



Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 800

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She looked up at the sky for a moment, as a breeze ruffled her cloak. The wind was picking up, a storm was indeed coming. At least she seemed to have retained some common sense...

"Looks like your right...I don't suppose you know anymore about where we are than I do?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iroh
Forum Tea Expert


Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 852
Location: Tea shop

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Not a clue. Not a goddamned clue."

He looked over into the distance. "Maybe we can find a tree or an uninhabited cave to hide out in?"
_________________
Delicious tea, or deadly poison?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaya Tetsu



Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 800

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I think there was a cave back there a little..."

She pointed in the direction from which she had come.

"We should hurry, it won't be long before it pours."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iroh
Forum Tea Expert


Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 852
Location: Tea shop

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"By all means, lead the way..."
_________________
Delicious tea, or deadly poison?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaya Tetsu



Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Posts: 800

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riza snaked her way through the bushes at a brisk pace, eventually leading them both to the mouth of what looked like a moderately sized cave.

"Here it is."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RolePlayersUnited Forum Index -> Role-Playing All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com